Jun 23, 2006

Wave N'Dry Dispenser

Friday found me sailing through Route 9 traffic and gliding up The Mountain to begin my workday. Little did I know what excitement awaited me as I entered our fourth floor ladies room to dispense my 6am cup of coffee.

I rounded the corner to see a dolly of large corrugated boxes stacked about six high. I noticed the box showed a drawing of paper towels and the worker was discussing to his helper how many he had left to go." Odd. However, I was pleased to see the bright neon yellow "Closed for Cleaning" caution stick wasn't lodged into the door jam of the ladies room as it always seems to be exactly at the moment when I most need to use the restroom.

I maneuveredd around the boxes and entered the ladies room. To my surprise, I immediately noticed the two paper towel dispensers had been replaced!! I instinctly knew these must be automated paper towel dispensers. Everything in our bathroom is automated.

I could not wait to wash my hands. I almost washed my hands first - I was just that eager to play with the brand-spanking new dispenser. I liken it to that feeling I get sometimes when I go to The Outback and desperately want to have the Chocolate Thunder From Downunder desert before my Alice Springs Chicken because I know deep down inside that I'll never make it to the desert.

Talk about easy peasy. I waved my bacteria-laden paws under the AutoSoap dispenser, lathered them up and placed them under the automated faucet to wash them. I took three small steps to the left and put my hands reverently under our newly installed Amsan Renown Wave N' Dry automated paper towel dispenser. [Model RENO05157] A military-strict pre-measured 11" paper towel dispensed itself for my use and I ripped it off the machine gleefully. (And I must admit that I was always self-conscious about how many tugs I did with the paper towels. Did people think I was pulling down too much paper? Why wasn't I using the automated blowing machine? Am I responsible for cluttering Mother Earth with my waste?)

Eventually the excitement of the automated paper towel dispenser will wear off and I know I'll find myself griping about the stiffness of the paper and that annoying grinding sound the machine makes, but right now it's pretty freakin' cool.

Today I'm basking in the glory of no longer having to tightly grasp the paper towel from the old James River model and tug down to get the paper towel while the water from my hands drips onto the floor collecting in a clear puddle thus creating a safety hazard. Now there is no longer any chance pinching or twisting my wrist trying to free that annoying paper-towel backup that lately has been occurring more often than I care to count. This ADA Title III compliant dispenser requires less than five pounds of force to get the paper towel AND it's Green Seal certified. Could that be why the paper towels feel so stiff? Is the machine using recycled-paper?

Regardless, I'm all about toiletry improvements and today I'm drinking more water than usual just to break in our new Wave N'Dry dispenser.

0 comments:

Post a Comment