Oct 14, 2006

May the Spork Be With You!



Did you ever get cursed with using one of these little suckers when you were in school? Wanna bring some fun memories back to your friends this Christmas? If so, I'd love to suggest you purchase this Titanium Spork from ThinkGeek.com.

Last Christmas, I bought my friend Marty a t-shirt with a spork on it that I found on CafePress.com. You pretty much can find anything on that website, but just the thought of Marty sporting a spork shirt tickled me something fierce.

I'm wondering why we don't see Sporks more often? This gets me to wanting to research where the Spork came from. Who invented this plastic wonder?

Surprisingly the Spork has been around since Medieval times. You can read all about it by clicking here. Knowing this, I'm rethinking my Western Civilization term paper on Body Snatching During the Enlightenment. I've already startled Professor Gould with my choice of topic so maybe I'll further stun him by asking him a Spork question to stump him at the end of class one night.

Regardless, I'm all about finding cool and unique stuff you can buy on the web-especially during the holidays. This is one gift that certainly would qualify for an office gag (pardon the pun) during a Yankee Swap and falls just under ten bucks.

So go ahead--it's hip to be square. Buy a spork for any number of friends on your holiday gift list. They could use it in a hospital or school cafeteria, the local Burger King, backpacking or prison.

7 comments:

Mick said...

Dear Kimma,

Please do not buy me a spork this year for Christmas.

Love always,
Mick

Spence said...

You'll take your spork and like it and write a letter to grandma telling her how much you liked her thoughtful gift!!! :)

Mick said...

Dear Grandma,

I hate the stupid, useless spork you got me for Xmas. I can eat neither forkables nor spoonables with it.

I am glad you are dead.

Love always,
Your ungrateful grandaughter

Spence said...

Uh-oh! I see zombie grandma on the horizon rising from the grave on Halloween, spork in hand, ready to eat what sporks are most handy for...brains!!! Arrrggghhhh!

Mick said...

Dear Spencer,

I think brains are about the only consumeable that is sporkable.

Bring it on, Grandma.

Love always,
Mick

Spence said...

My research team tells me that that 'neat round spaghetti you can eat with a spoon'--uh-oh, Spaghettios--can also be successfully eaten with a spork. Although, they say some of the inner o's can get hung up on the tines.

We're looking into the zombie perspective on O's and whether they are an acceptable substitute for brains in the undead world...

Can you help?

Useless Man said...

My Useless Brother would LOVE a spork! It's a spoon. It's a fork. It's incredible.

Can I get one with a really long handle? That way you can pick food or soup off a neighbours plate or bowl.

Post a Comment