Sep 10, 2007

He's My Moon Man

Congratulations to my boy Justin Timberlake! He swept the 2007 MTV VMA's last night!

  • *Quadruple Threat of the Year Winner
  1. *Male Artist of the Year Winner
  2. *Best Choreography for the video "My Love"
  3. *Best Direction for the video "What Goes Around...Comes Around"

I haven't watched the awards show yet, but I certainly taped it. It is going to be my well-deserved guilty pleasure after I put my bedroom back together again after the carpet installation. I'm going to settle into the couch with a bowl of burnt popcorn and feast my eyes on the glory of Timberlake.

As Sergeant Roger Murtaugh (Lethal Weapon I-IV) would say, "I'm too old for this shit! " But who cares?

2 comments:

Mick said...

I thought about you when I heard how well JT did! And congrats on the new carpet!

The S Word said...

Interestingly, Murtaugh is dead in "Lethal Weapon 5: The Race to Catch Rocky". The movie opens with a full frame shot of his tombstone, which features the epitaph, "He was too old for this shit." and mentions that he died just one day before retirement. The camera pans back to show a sullen Riggs openly weeping by the graveside. Suddenly, a bad guy comes from out of the bushes to exact his revenge on Riggs for putting him away long ago. They struggle and the bad guy wrestles Riggs to the ground atop the grave. He bangs Riggs's head repeatedly against the tomnstone until Riggs begins to lose consciousness. There is a closeup of the bad guy's face as he sneers a smile of delight as he'll have killed two cops in one day (He takes this opportunity to tell Riggs that is was HE who killed Murtagh...and Riggs's first and second wives...and any children he may have) He the begins to cough, gag and struggle for air, and his eyes roll back in his head as he loses consciousness. The camera pans back to reveal a soil encrusted black hand that had burst forth from the ground to grab the bad guy by the neck and strangle him, saving Riggs's life. Murtagh then sits up and begins to brush off the thin layer of soil that had covered him, looks at Riggs who is lighting a cigarette and laughing, and says, "I'm too dead for this shit."

Shane Black where are you?!!

Post a Comment