Dec 2, 2007

The Art of Nathan Sawaya

Readers of my blog know how much I love instantly recognizable objects made from Legos. I'm a big fan of artist Nathan Sawaya who I first saw featured on The Colbert Report back on August 20th of 2007.

His creations are currently touring the nation in an exhibit called The Art of the Brick and is the first museum tour to focus soley on the use of Legos as objects of art. I haven't seen this exhibit, but I'm very excited to report that this exhibit is coming to
The Stamford Museum & Nature Center in Stamford, CT March 2nd through August 18th of next year. I am there! If you want to go and want more information on the exhibit, click here.

He doesn't limit his creative vision to just Legos. Check out the anatomically correct heart made out of Necco Hearts. Cool, huh? Imagine giving this as a gift for Valentine's Day?

I can't help writing about stuff made from everyday objects. It find it interesting and love the minutia of art in this medium. So readers-you'll have to forgive and indulge me. I heart all things Lego!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

OMG! I remember that CR - the guy made a giant Stephen Colbert out of Legos! I'd love to see that exhibit!

Post a Comment