Aug 26, 2008

The Queen Is About To Be De-Throned!

I was recently on vacation so I doubled up on my Jenny Craig food and skipped the weigh-in last week.  I exercised a lot and stuck to the program except for one Olive Garden splurge on the day we visited Newport, RI and did the Cliff Walk.  (I figured walking four consecutive hours without rest deserved 1 roll, a glass of deliciously sweet Coke, salad, lasagna and a slice of lemon cream cake.) 

Otherwise every other day trip we took found me packing a lunch:  salads, fruit, carrots, diet iced tea, sugar-free Bubble Yum, etc.  We even did a pit stop at a Target adjacent to the Berkshire Mall to buy a box of plastic spoons and fat-free yogurt just to take the edge off my hunger pains for the very long ride back to central Massachusetts. In fact, our last day trip to South Kingstown, RI found me again at Target buying Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches to hold me over until we got home so I could microwave a dinner. I tell you about these sacrifices while on vacation last week to show you how hard I'm working the program and my dedication to becoming healthy and fit. 

Before my weigh-in today at the center, I took off my watch, earrings and decorative ring. I greeted Laura my counselor and told her I had to get on that scale...right now...immediately.  I was dying to know if I lost weight on my vacation.

Down 3.8 pounds!  I just stared at the digital read-out until it sort of blurred and listened to Laura say, "Great Job!"  I did it.  I actually lost weight while on vacation.

I know without a doubt that starting to consistently exercise is making the biggest difference in my weight loss.  I hate to exercise, but I can't argue with its result.  This 3.8 pound drop brings me to a stunning 17.6 pounds lost in 10 weeks.  It's the most I've ever lost on a diet in my entire life and I'm just so proud of myself. 

Queen Latifa has lost 20 pounds on the progam so far.  I'm sorry to say the current commercial of her being in a recording studio and then walking out of the sound booth in her skin-tight jeans to show off her twenty-pound weight loss is very, very contrived and way lame.  But she does look thinner and I think to myself that pretty soon people might be noticing that I've lost some weight, too.  Jillian at work told me my face looks slimmer and quite coincidentally my JC counselor Laura said the very same thing today during our session. 

Obviously I can't see it, but I know how I feel wearing my current work wardrobe.  Several of my pants are loose in places that were once embarrasingly constricting. It's such a thrill to get up in the morning and not have to make that awful decision about which pair of pants will hurt the least to wear.  Now I take my pants off at the end of the day and I don't see the outline of the pant's waist pressed into my skin like an angry red tattoo. 

I'm so close to achieving a 20 pound weight loss just like Queen Latifa. Dare I say it's so close I can almost taste it?  And what, might you ask, will it taste like?

I dunno, but I'm about to find out.

3 comments:

Michelle P said...

It will taste like Victory and Inspiration my friend! :)

Mick said...

Kim, that is AWESOME! You are doing so great! I am so proud of you! :)

marty said...

If Queen Latifah keeps munching on carpet instead of carrots, you are gonna kick her ass in the weight loss department! HA HA!

Post a Comment