Sep 27, 2008

Awww-My Little StormTrooper

At one point my friend Michelle had a collection of My Little Pony figures that she used to buy at yard sales and sort of restore them to their original luster by cleaning them up and meticulously combing their mane to a brilliant sheen. Once prettified, I think she sold them on Ebay for a tidy profit.

Michelle - this post is dedicated to you!

Finland Artist Mari Kasurinen has taken that 80's toy of my youth and transformed them into something wonderful that I have a strong desire to purchase. She caught my attention when I saw photos of her Star Wars creations: My Little Stormtropper, My Little Darth Vader and My Little Princess Leia.  They are clever and simply adorable and I must own one. Someday.

Her profile on DeviantArt says she'll be launching her own website very soon.  I can't wait because  I really, really want one of these.

Lately I'm getting more and more interested in digital art.  I know next to nothing about art, but I know what I like when I see it.  I wish I could be this creative.  I would have never thought to add acrylic and various other stuff to make a My Little Pony into something else. 

The Deviant Art site where I discovered this artist is a good place to begin if you're looking to rub elbows with some really talented people.

1 comments:

Mick said...

OMG! I WANT ONE!!!

Post a Comment