Sep 9, 2008

What Not To Do...

My Jenny Craig counselor is getting married and will be taking the next two weeks off for their nuptials and honeymoon to Costa Rica.  Here's a little piece of unsolicited advice for all you JC counselor's out there:  if your co-workers  buy you  a gift basket filled with amazingly scrumptious baked treats and things dipped in dark chocolate~be a dear and don't display it on your desk in your office during your sessions with JC clients. I cannot even begin to tell you how distracting my 15 minutes were tonight because my left elbow kept touching the saran-wrapped basket.

Also, the cinnamon twists are done for the season and their new Turkey Panini sandwich is already out of stock so I wasn't able to try that one this week. Something to look forward to next week, right?  I ended up buying the old Turkey sandwich and will hope for the best next week.

'Course the best part of the visit was I'm down another 2.2 pounds which brings me to less than a half pound away from a 20 pound weight loss in 12 weeks.

Yay me!  Go ahead-pinch my ever shrinking fat tummy. Folks are starting to notice my success. I've had two co-workers comment on my slowly emerging 'figure' this past week which gives me pause because I never considered that I ever had a figure. So it's a wonderful concept to consider that somewhere under all this weight is a girlish figure emerging when I least expect it.

One other point to mention.  My massage therapist Heather recommended that I visit Sam's Club because she swears their fruit is amazingly fresh, lasts a long time and most importantly-is very, very inexpensive. (She's been on JC since January and has lost about 58 pounds to date.)  One of her biggest challenges has been staying ahead of the expiration date on all the produce she has to buy each week following the program.  Me, too!  I'm always one banana away from a fruit crisis. 

We visited Sam's last night and I signed us up for an Advantage membership which means I can now take advantage of their amazing choices of fresh fruit and vegetables. If you would have told me three months ago that I would be excited over the cost of bananas, I would have said you were nuts.  Yea, I like fruit.  But I'm not in love with fruit, know what I mean?  I lean more towards being an orgasmic BOGO consumer when it comes to candy bars and boxes of blueberry Pop Tarts at the local Stop & Shop.  But there I found myself last night wandering up and down the aisles sighing over the freshness of  strawberries and a bunch of perfectly ripe bananas for $1.36.  Not $1.36 per pound,  but rather the whole perfectly ripened bunch.  But I don't get this way just over perishable  items. Sam's Club sells a box of 20 Skinny Cow sandwiches for $10.07.  Now that's where the  sweet spot of wholesale club shopping lies - tucked away in a back freezer adjacent to the gigantic tubs of Edy's ice cream.  You just have to know where to look and fortunately for me, I've got all the time in the world.

1 comments:

Mick said...

Holy crap Kim! That's AWESOME! =)

Did you know that with every 1 lb of weight lost you reduce the pressure on your joints (knees especially) by 4 lbs? So with your 20 lb weight loss, you have taken 80 lbs of pressure off of your knees!

Post a Comment