Oct 20, 2008

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

I took today off from work.  The personal day was taken in part for an expected long getting-away-from-Massachusetts weekend.  However, our plans didn't quite work out that way due to my lack of planning. Oh, the irony!

Instead we did other things in and around New England. Saturday we visited The Mall at Buckland Hills in Manchester, CT.  Sunday we drove to Newport, RI and did some shopping around town.  The visitor's parking lot was the emptiest I've ever see it, but that probably had something to do with this thing they call 'off season' in Newport.  That and the wind gusts felt like they were 50 mph!

I had the great idea to go see the new Michael Cera movie - Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist at Showcase North this afternoon.  We went to the 2:45pm show and the best thing about seeing the movie was there was not one person in the theatre except us.  That's never ever ever happened to me!  I just wish I could say the movie warranted the coolness of having the place all to ourselves-sadly it did not live up to my expectations.

The movie was pretty dull and certainly not the laugh-riot I had built it up to be in my head after seeing the previews.  No biggie.  We got to see a movie marketed towards teens without any of them being around us which was super sweet.

So yes, I had a very nice long 3-day weekend. I took several long naps, ate two amazingly tasty dinners at Smokey Bones and Chili's and managed to finally watch the Tsotsi movie from Netflix which has been sitting on my living room table collecting dust for at least six weeks.

All in all, a very good weekend indeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment