Jan 17, 2009

Congratulations Marybeth Clark

Dear Marybeth,


I'm sitting here at the Mazda dealership waiting for my oil change to be done and it just hit me that today you and Chris are getting married! I am so happy for you both and wish you all the happiness that I've found being married to Spencer for these past 18 years.

I'm always surprised when people do a double take when I tell them we got married when I was 20 years old. Lots of people have told me that they would have been too young to get married at 20 because they still had too much of their life to live...I never once felt like that. I consider my marriage to be the best thing I ever ever did in my life and it's one of the things I'm most proud of.

I'm so very happy that you'll be surrounded by all your friends and your family-especially your dad. (Not that you were inviting anyone from work, but in a way I'm glad that you didn't invite any of us because I would not have been able to control my emotions seeing you dance with your father. I miss my parents so much sometimes, but one thing I try to always remember to comfort myeslf is that my dad got to meet the man I chose to spend the rest of my life with and that was the best gift he could have ever given me.)

Today while I'm out with a friend having lunch and going to see that Daniel Craig movie, I'm going to imagine your dad's face when he sees Wally at your wedding. I'm going to think about your big day and reflect on how excited I was so long ago getting married to Spencer.

I truly wish you and Chris all the happiness in the world.  Congratulations.

Love, Kim

1 comments:

Mary said...

The entire day was complete magic, just how I had pictured it. Thank you for the beutiful blog space. I just knew you'd have some fabulous words for Chris and I (he says hi, ps). From the few pictures Clare has posted, I hope you can see how awesome our day really was. I miss you and love you - ps, it's like friggan 88 degrees here in the D.R!

Love you,
M

Post a Comment