May 12, 2009

Foxy Brown

Yesterday it was some unknown man dressed in a white linen suit – today I got to see an honest-to-goodness red fox! 

 

I grabbed my trusty pair of binoculars and stood there watching the red fox. He stretched and his little back legs extended just like puppies do.  His front feet were jet black and his tail was so bushy.   (I wonder if a fox wags its tail like a dog?) Several of my co-workers gathered around the window and we looked down at the fox lying out in the sun near the right of the shrubbery.  We all collectively made unusual baby-like sounds several times which put me in the mind of all those women ogling the hot construction worker in that Coke commercial from a few years ago.  Who knew a fox could be that cute?

 

The most interesting thing about this fox sighting is I’ve never seen one in the wild before.  Maybe two week’s ago I went out to dinner with my friend Ginny and we saw a red fox running around the edge of the back parking lot of Piccadilly Pub in Westborough.  At first I thought it was a little dog and then we realized it was a fox.  

 

Eventually the fox stood up and moved out of sight and into the bushes.  I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings.

 

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment