May 9, 2009

I'm Back Baby

I know this sounds a little self-indulgent, but I haven't been myself lately.  I think I've been struggling with finding that happy balance between work and home life.  I mentioned to Spencer recently that I think I give my best efforts when I'm at work. After I'm walking out of the building, my first thought is what's for dinner and then what will I be watching tonight on TV? A Netflix movie or watching Rescue Me . 

A typical day is as follows: The ride into work can sometimes take up to 45 minutes and during that time I map out my day in my head while listening to thumping rap music.  I get pumped.  I feel like I can do anything. I can get on that elliptical at the end of the day and do something good for myself.  But what actually happens is the caffeine buzz dimishes, I become focused on what needs to get done at work that day and by the time 5 o'clock rolls around, I just feel exhausted. I gave work the best part of me and there's nothing left for me.  Things need to change...

I realized that I'm not blogging anymore which is something I enjoy doing.  So my first baby step to regain some of that work vs. life balance.  In the time since my last post I've come across several interesting things that I wanted to write about.  For instance, the other day I was stopped at a red light and the man in the car next to me was trimming his ear hair.  Ewwwww.  I couldn't grab my phone fast enough to snap a photo, but moments like these are what I live to write about.

I figure I have a fighting chance to take back what's mine now that Lost, Fringe, Prison Break, House and American Idol are nearly done until the Fall season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment