Oct 18, 2009

My Lazy Sunday

I went to Easton, MA on Saturday to visit with my friend Leslie.  We used to work together at Staples and have remained friends since I left there four years ago.

I arrived at her house around 10:30 and we spent the day together going to a Country Store and a pub in downtown Mansfield.  But while sitting having a salad, I started to not feel so good.  I didn't think much about it other than the hour and fifteen minute ride home ahead of me after I said goodbye with my old friend. It turned out the ride home was one of the longest of my life because I started getting really sick as soon as I hit Route 495 North.

I felt really flush, my back started getting really sore and an overall feeling of sickness hit me.  It was so bad that I considered pulling over off the shoulder of the highway to tip my seat back and lie down for a bit, but I didn't want some good Samaritan stopping to ask if I was alright. I just wanted to be home...NOW.  The ride home took forever.

I pulled into the driveway to be met by Spencer and Minnie on the doorstep.  I blew past them in a mad rush to get to the bathroom thinking that I was going to be really sick.  The sickness didn't come so I got myself to bed after confirming that I wasn't running a fever even though I felt so hot.

I was sick the rest of Saturday night.  I must have ate something that didn't agree with me. But it was that kind of sick where no matter how hard I tried, I simply could not get myself into a comfortable position in bed.  I tossed and turned. I moaned and groaned. I cursed myself for eating something that made me so sick and turned a perfectly good day into a bad one.  Finally around 10pm, I swallowed two Tylenol PM's and hoped for the best.  I finally fell asleep...

So today is Sunday and I've done nothing productive other than read the Sunday Telegram and get excited that Price Chopper has the first Pom Wonderful Pomegranates of the season.  I had hoped to go to the grocery store tonight, but instead spent the afternoon watching Season 3 of All In The Family and taking several naps.  I brought my work laptop home with me Friday with the hope that I would be catching up on some things that didn't get done this past week, but the laptop hasn't made it out of the bag. Tomorrow's another day.

It's been a lazy Sunday.  My pajamas are feeling pretty comfortable right about now as I listen to the wind outside whip around and recall that it was snowing earlier this afternoon before I took my last nap of the day.

I'm not ready to embrace Winter this soon, but am hopeful that it will bring me more lazy Sundays in the coming months.

0 comments:

Post a Comment