Feb 12, 2011

All I Need Is The Tour



I cannot stop listening to Duran Duran's latest CD 'All You Need Is Now'...I've played it over and over again on my iPod while at work and I've cranked it endlessly in the car on the ride home.  It is one of their best albums ever.

It seems to me that every song could be linked back to one of their classics from the Planet Earth and Rio albums.  Nick's keyboards playing homage to the simple haunting sound of  'The Chauffeur' on the song 'The Man Who Stole A Leopard'.  And one of my favorites-'Leave A Light On' is reminiscent of their classic song 'Save A Prayer'

I joked that their last CD was the Holy Trinity for me:  Duran Duran + Timbaland + Justin Timberlake = it simply couldn't get any better for me as a long-time fan.  But they have surprised me once again by collaborating with producer Mark Ronson who somehow seamlessly coaxes the boys back in the direction of what made them one of the hottest bands of the 80's.

Just listen to Simon's vocals on the performance above of the single 'All You Need Is Now'...the high notes he hits at the end of the song are surprisingly precise and stunning when you consider the band is playing live and his vocals aren't being enhanced to perfection by a producer in the studio.

I'm never comfortable writing a review about something that I like because I know there are tons of people out there who can do it so much better than me.  But trust me when I tell you that this is one of their best.

So when is the Tour?

0 comments:

Post a Comment